ST公司的STUSB1600是带有VCONN开关的USB Type-C控制器,能处理USB Type-C连接检测,插入取向检测,主到设备连接,支持VCONN和VBUS配置.器件集成了VBUS电压检测,VBUS和VCONN放电通路,低功耗待机模式,支持电池失效模式,高压保护和支持附件模式,双电源工作,主要用在智能插座,墙适配器和充电器,电源集线器和坞站,智能手机和平板电脑,游戏和PND,显示器,可穿戴和物联网(IoT),照相机,摄像机和MP3播放器以及所有Type-C源或沉设备.本文介绍了STUSB1600主要特性,功能框图,多种应用案例以及评估板STEVAL-CCC001主要特性,功能分布图,电路图,PCB元件布局图和PCB设计图.
The STUSB1600 is a generic IC designed in a 20 V technology. It addresses USB Type-C™ port management both on the host and/or device side, and is suited for a broad range of applications. It is fully compliant with the USB Type-C cable and connector specifications (Rel. 1.2).
The STUSB1600 can handle all functions from Type-C attach detection, plug orientation detection, host to device connection, VCONN support, and VBUS configuration. Additionally, the STUSB1600 provides support for dead battery operation and is fully customizable (thanks to an integrated non-volatile memory).
• Type-C attach and cable orientation detection
• Power role support: source/sink/DRP
• Configurable start-up profiles
• Integrated power switch for VCONN supply:
– programmable current limit up to 600 mA
– overcurrent, overvoltage, and thermal protection
– undervoltage lockout
• I2C interface and interrupt (optional connection to MCU)
• Integrated VBUS voltage monitoring
• Integrated VBUS and VCONN discharge path
• Low power standby mode
• Dead battery mode support
• High voltage protection
• Accessory mode support
• Dual power supply: – VSYS = [3.0 V; 5.5 V]–VDD =[4.1 V;22 V]
• Temperature range: -40 ℃ up to 105 ℃
• Smart plugs, wall adapters, and chargers
• Power hubs and docking stations
• Smartphones and tablets
• Gaming and PNDs
• Wearable and Internet of Things (IoT)
• Cameras, camcorders, and MP3 players
• Any Type-C source or sink device
The STUSB1600 is a USB Type-C controller IC. It is designed to interface with the Type-C receptacle both on host and/or device sides. It is used to establish and manage the source-to-sink connection between two USB Type-C host and device ports.
The major role of the STUSB1600 is to:
1. Detect the connection between two USB Type-C ports (attach detection)
2. Establish a valid source-to-sink connection
3. Determine the attached device mode: source, sink or accessory
4. Resolve cable orientation and twist connections to establish USB data routing (mux control).
5. Configure and monitor the VBUS power path
6. Manage VBUS power capability: USB default, Type-C medium or Type-C high current mode.
7. Configure VCONN when required
The STUSB1600 also provides:
1. Low power standby mode
2. Dead battery mode
3. I2C interface and interrupt (optional connection to the MCU)
4. Start-up configuration customization: static through NVM and/or dynamic through I2C
5. High voltage protection
6. Accessory mode detection
The STEVAL-CCC001 board is designed for STUSB1600 Type-C controller evaluation. The STEVAL-CCC001 board allows the prototyping of a full-featured 5 V USB Type-C port based on the STUSB1600. The device operates in standalone mode and can be configured in source, sink or dual power role, with or without Dead battery mode. Both source and sink VBUS power paths are enabled directly by the STUSB1600 depending on the port power role configuration and the attached device.
The jumpers are used to simulate different power supply configurations and the various LEDs indicate the operating status of the STUSB1600 and the USB Type-C port. The STEVAL-CCC001 board can be optionally connected to the standard NUCLEO-F072RB board for configuration and debug interface.
The USB Type-C port of the STEVAL-CCC001 board is pre-configured with 1.5 A USB Type-C current, Dual-role port and Dead battery mode enabled.
1 full-featured USB Type-C port (Source/Sink/Dual-role)
STUSB1600 Type-C controller (compliant with USB Type-C standard rel. 1.2)
VBUS power switches and discharge path
VCONN support (programmable current limit up to 600 mA)
Dead Battery mode support
Compatible with NUCLEO-F072RB board for configuration and debug interface