IDT公司的5L35023是VersaClock® 3S可编时钟发生器,1.8V工作,采用3 PLL架构,每个PLL可单独可编程,允许有多达6个频率输出,内置主动省功耗特性(PPS),性能-功耗平衡(PPB),降过冲技术(ORT)和极低功耗DCO以及动态频率控制(DFC),扩展频谱时钟有更低的系统EMI,I2C接口,主要用在嵌入计算设备,替代消费类应用晶振,以及SmartDevice,手持设备和消费类电子.本文介绍了5L35023主要特性,输出指标,框图以及5L35023 USB开发板主要功能布局和电路图.
The 5L35023 is a member of the VersaClock® 3S programmableclock generator family with 1.8V operation voltage, and isdesigned for industrial, consumer, and PCI Express applications.The device features a 3 PLL architecture design; each PLL isindividually programmable and allowing up to 6 unique frequencyoutputs.
The 5L35023 has built-in features such as Proactive PowerSaving (PPS), Performance-Power Balancing (PPB), OvershotReduction Technology (ORT) and extreme low power DCO. Aninternal OTP memory allows the user to store the configuration inthe device without programming after power-up, then program the5L35023 again through the I2C interface.
The device has programmable VCO and PLL source selection,allowing power-performance optimization based on the applicationrequirements.
▪ Configurable OE pin function as OE, PD#, PPS or DFC controlfunction
▪ Configurable PLL bandwidth; minimizes jitter peaking
▪ PPS: Proactive Power Saving features save power during theend device power down mode
▪ PPB: Performance Power Balancing feature allows minimumpower consumption based on required performance
▪ DFC: Dynamic Frequency Control feature allows user todynamically switch between and up to 4 different frequenciessmoothly
▪ Spread spectrum clock to lower system EMI
▪ I2C interface
▪ Suspend Mode, featuring RTC clock only when system goesinto low-power operation modes
▪ PCIe Gen1/2/3 compliant
▪ Typical 1.5ps rms jitter integer range: 12kHz–20MHz
▪ Typical ultra-power-down current 50μA
▪ < 2μA RTC clock in Suspend Mode operation
▪ 2 DIFF outputs with configurable LPHSCL, LVCMOS outputpairs: 1MHz–125MHz
▪ 3 LVCMOS outputs: 1MHz–125MHz
▪ LVPECL, LVDS, CML and SSTL logic can be easily supportedwith the LP-HCSL outputs. See application note AN-891 foralternate terminations
▪ Maximum of 8 LVCMOS outputs
▪ Low-power 32.768kHz clock supported for all SE1–SE3
▪ Embedded computing devices
▪ Consumer application crystal oscillator replacements
▪ SmartDevice, Handheld, and Consumer applications
The USB development kit board is ready with all of the necessary components and connections to test the functionality of theconfiguration.